Information about applications
written in Tcl and Tk
An enormous number of applications have been written in or make use of Tcl/Tk. Most of them have their own page somwhere on the Tcler's Wiki
. In many cases, particularly for smaller scripts, the code will be included on the wiki page itself. Other applications link to external websites.
One good way to find applications is to use this wiki's category functionality
, and in particulare, Category Application
Often, applications can be found by search
ing for a suitable keyword, e.g. [
For more on finding things in this wiki, have a look at searching and bookmarking URLs on the Tcl'ers Wiki
- A Tcl repository
- Extensions for Tcl and Tk
- information about extensions (which may be applications or libraries)
- software directory
- a repository for open-source software. Tcl entries include tclapps, located in the tcllib project, which includes tkchat and will hopefully contain other small applications not big enough to warrent their own sf project. Another example of an application in that module is dtp.
- Tcl Developer Xchage
- lists a few projects, including tcllib
- Tcl Tools for the Office
- a list of office-productivity programs
- comp.lang.tcl FAQ
- updated in 2006
- Applications in Tcl and Tcl/Tk -- Old
- applications that have dead links or have not seen development since Tcl 7.6.
- Applications in Tcl and Tcl/Tk -Text Processing-
- procplace Tcl Contributed Sources Archive
- Active mirrors still exist. It is the only location for some of this code.
See Also edit
- Where to store information and programs
- J.M. Ivler's Tcl package registration site
- escargo 2005-07-14: It's still his domain, but there's no web server there any more.