A quick step guide that works on Scaleway root servers
2016-09-14: Most relevant steps fr
After user & credit card registration -3€/month-
- choose C1 server for ARMv7 cpu
- your first login will be via ssh root@<ipv4 address>
- in the registration form your public key is required.
- if you don't have one, create one -supposed you are on a *nix system- with ssh-keygen -t ecdsa -b 521
- after some Return key presse open /root/.ssh/id_ecdsa.pub in a gui editor and copypaste all into the forms input field
- select an image, the steps as listed below refer to debian-jessie
- boot the image by click on button "On", this worked on the third attempt and takes some seconds.
- connect to host ssh root@<your public ipv4 address>
- to be able to use the console in the webpage ad non-priviliged user with adduser dummy
- ev. create a safe root password
- prepare the build environment due to detailed instructions
- apt-get install build-essential gawk m4, this will install gcc4.9 and more
- add this to file .bashrc and do source .bashrc
CFLAGS="-pipe -march=native -mfloat-abi=hard -Wa,-mimplicit-it=thumb"
export LC_ALL PATH CFLAGS CXXFLAGS MAKEFLAGS
- get and unpack the source distribution, actually Tcl8.6.6
- in directory unix of your tcl-sources do
- if compilation fails: check if command ld exists
- symbolic link /usr/bin/ld -> ld.bfd
- make test
- takes about 9 minutes, succeeds except the odbc stuff, probably this has to be built separately?