XOTcl-Light is pure Tcl XOTcl compatible package build on top of TclOO. It allows to run XOTcl program directly with Tcl 8.6 without binary XOTcl library. XOTcl-Libht object are regular TclOO object. So they can be extended and manipulated directly by TclOO syntax.Author: Artur Trzewik
XOTcl-Light does not support all XOTcl functions. Following functionality is not supported.
- no complex slot attributes. Only simple parameter similar to earlier XOTcl versions.
- no complex forward syntax only OOTcl forward
- no unknown mechanism for creating object from class (MyClass create myinst, can not be written as MyClass myinst). It can be easy simulated but I do not use it
- many introspection command does not support all options
- self is not modified and work like in TclOO
XOTcl-Light seems to be twice slower than original XOTclMigrating between XOTcl and TclOO