Code editNew location: https://core.tcl.tk/tclquadcodeOld location: https://chiselapp.com/user/kbk/repository/tclquadcode
Performance editThis package can sometimes make code that is stunningly faster than standard Tcl. Seriously fast. It depends on what the code is doing though.
Note that optimisations can also be applied between procedures (provided all relevant procedures are compiled at once). This may make some code get an even greater acceleration.
|Performance Category||General Speedup Expected|
|Numeric code: integers||20 to 25 times|
|Numeric code: floating point||around 10 times|
|String code||often about 50%; sometimes less|
|Structure code: lists and dicts||around 2 times|
|Error handling||around 2 times|
|Global variables||probably no big change|
|I/O code||no significant change (not a design objective)|
Types editOne of the things we're doing is working out a type system for Tcl.
- The type of strings. Supertype of virtually all other types, including all the other types listed here. (Supertype => "everything is a string".)
- The type of numbers.
- The type of floating-point numbers.
- The type of integers outside the 64-bit range.
- The type of integers in the 64-bit range but outside the 32-bit range.
- The type of integers in the 32-bit range.
- The type of booleans (including true and off and so on).
- The empty string.
ak - 2016-08-25 19:55:37Is it possible to add a legend to the image ?DKF: Not to the image (which is just converted from SVG) but I've added some notes above