is a pure Tcl/Tk tree visualization and annotation tool which includes tools for tree manipulation and annotation and uses meta-information through dynamic graphical operators or scripting to help analyses and annotations of single trees or tree collections.
The main features of TreeDyn are
- the management of multiple windows and multiple trees per window,
- the export of graphics to several standard file formats with or without HTML encapsulation and a new format called TGF, which enables saving and restoring graphical analysis,
- the projection of texts or symbols facing leaf labels or linked to nodes, through manual pasting or by using annotation files,
- the highlight of graphical elements after querying leaf labels (or annotations) or by selection of graphical elements and information extraction,
- the highlight of targeted trees according to a source tree browsed by the user,
- powerful scripts for automating repetitive graphical tasks,
- a command line interpreter enabling the use of TreeDyn through CGI scripts for online building of trees,
- the inclusion of a library of packages dedicated to specific research fields involving trees.