is a multitasking
technique in which a program learns of events and responds to them.
See Also edit
- event-oriented programming
- Tcl event loop
- One of the components of Tcl's asynchronous event mechanism Tcl.
- Event programming and why it is relevant to Tcl/Tk programming
- How to mimic event generation without TK
- One approach to providing user-defined events without relying on window systems or I/O. Probably a predecessor of uevent.
- A module in Tcllib that provides an event system somewhat similar to that of Tk.
- windowing system events
In Tcl, channel events and after
events are sent to the notifier
sends windowing system events
to the notifier. The Tcl C API
provides means for any extension to create its own event types, and also to communicate and process events.