is a software infrastructure for the development of collaborative environments. It supports interactive visualization and remote computational steering of distributed applications by multiple collaborators, and provides a mechanism for constructing fault-tolerant, migrating applications in heterogeneous distributed computing environments.
CUMULVS contains a library for scientific applications that provides computational steering control, as well as visual feedback that a scientist can intuitively analyze. The library consists of approximately 20,000 lines of C code. Tcl binding: [1
]. The CUMULVS distribution includes a standard Tcl/Tk slicer and a sample custom Tcl/Tk viewer for a particle-based simulation.
- Collaborative On-Line Visualization of Remote Simulations through Multiple Viewers Connecting to a Running Application.
- Coordinated Computational Steering Among Several Collaborators.
- Automatic Recovery of the Virtual Environment to Host or Network Failures.
- Fault-Tolerance of Distributed Simulations through Heterogeneous Task Migration and User-Directed Checkpointing.
- A Monitoring System for High-Performance Scientific Simulations.
- Dynamic Viewer Attachment / Detachment.
- Message-passing over wide-area ATM networks between multiple MPP and SMP systems.
- Secure and authenticated data transfer.