is a display unit that is part of the user interface to a computer system. The word carries the connotation of being text-only.
See Also edit
- various ANSI standards govern terminal behaviour
- a terminal emulator
- a C library for controling terminals
- handling of ANSI terminals using Expect
- the *nix command to configure and manage a terminal
- terminal control sequence
- This site is dedicated to the range of video terminals produced by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) from 1970 to 1995. The most famous of these is the VT100.
- The TTY demystified, Linus Åkesson, 2008-07-25
Terminal emulators for Linux
have support for ANSI escape codes built in.