Netmagis home page
Netmagis is a complete application, which allows a network administrator to:
- manage IPv4 and IPv6 addresses;
- generate data for your DNS server and get BIND zone files always up to date and consistent;
- delegate DNS management to other network administrators or every non-specialist of DNS management;
- specify groups of users and very fine access privileges on address (even until every IPv4 or IPv6 address), on domains, etc;
- manage DHCP allocations (both static or dynamic) with profiles to parametrize network boot;
- use your existing LDAP directory to manage accounts, or manage accounts with the Netmagis database;
- manage a large number of networks, users domains, DHCP profiles, etc.;
- visualize with automatically generated network maps your network topology (switched or routed);
- give access on these maps to users;
- assign VLAN to equipment interfaces via a simple Web interface (for Cisco, HP or Juniper equipments);
- delegate VLAN assignment to other network administrators or every non-specialist of equipment management;
- access to traffic graphs that you have specified on your equipments;
- locate hosts by IP address, MAC address or network equipement port.
Netmagis uses a database describing your networks, privileges that you give to groups of users, DHCP profiles that you want to assign to DHCP ranges or hosts, etc. Netmagis is de facto a true network information system.