- Here is a picture of the main tclstock, as taken from WinNT 4.0. It wasn't such a great day on Wall Street when I took this picture:
- This image shows the first configuration tab where one may change, among other things, the font and scroll speeds:
- Colors are customizable on the second tab. Left-clicking a stock name will pop up a window showing additional details about that company. TclStock is meant to be OS independent, hence the ability for the user to choose his browser.
- (Not shown) TclStock is also aware of proxy servers.
- A starkit made from this code is available at sdarchive.
- TclStock 1.11 from http://tcl.jtang.org/tclstock/tclstock-1.11.tar.gz (fixes problems with external browser)
- TclStock 1.10 from http://tcl.jtang.org/tclstock/tclstock-1.10.tar.gz (fixes cosmetic problems)
- TclStock 1.0 from http://tcl.jtang.org/tclstock/tclstock-1.0.tar.gz (initial release)
Your comments here:Mar 10, 2004 Mike Tuxford That's a shame to have lost the feed. For another very lightweight stock ticker, that still has its feed (yahoo) you can see stockwatch - Simple Stock Market Ticker It was put together rather fast and has no GUI config tools, so it needs direct editing of an array of options to change choices, but it does work properly and would be another source of seeing how someone else did it.