Any tool doing SSA and having its own page should have a link to this page on its page, like for normal categories. That way clicking on the title of this page will then deliver a list of tools in this sub-category.The list of options below is only for external references we cannot categorize directly, and unnamed tools which are part of greater system. The moment such tools get their own page here they will be removed from the list below and can be reached through the title of this page.
- Frink has syntax checking and style suggestion for static analysis.
- XotclIDE has a syntax checker for Tcl and XOTcl code.
- TDK has a program called tclchecker that does static syntax checking.
- Nagelfar is an extensible syntax checker.
- Sugar is a macro system that can be used as a programmable SSA tool.
- SoftGuard  appears to do at least some sorts of SSA [Does SoftGuard deserve its own page in the Wiki? I think so. Anyone familar with it? The web page mentions sgxCP profiling, sgxCT tracing, sgxDbg procedure debugging, sgxRSM resource standard metrics, and sgxTVC variable consistency testing]
- Andreas Leitgeb's bracecheck  is a "mostly heuristic script ... which compares bracing with indentation ..."
- See a page by Cameron Laird for more .
- ttclcheck syntax checker for Tcl, XOTcl, ITcl code with html generation
[ Give examples of use. ]See also
- Are there tools which are required or would be useful when developing in Tcl
- Brace-level pretty printer
Recently, on comp.lang.tcl, Peter Martin recommended: Tools for souce code comprehension may also be of interest. An annotated list is available at: http://grok2.tripod.com/code_comprehension.htmlTools for TCL include:
- SNiFF+ (commercial; http://www.windriver.com/products/development_tools/ide/),
- Source Navigator (free; http://sourcenav.sf.net/).
- CBrowser (free; http://cbrowser.sourceforge.net/),
AM (18 august 2007) Here's an idea to check such diverse "sublanguages" as the arithmetic and regular expressions in Tcl: Statically verifying arithmetic and regular expressions
logiscope c rulechecker