Where is Tcl Embedded? edit
- Cisco IOS
- User Interface is a Tcl interpreter
- F5 Networks
- iRules scripts are Tcl scripts
- COMPANY: TiVo Inc.
- Tcl is embedded in TiVo's digital video recorder system TiVO. See also TivoWeb
- VMD - Visual Molecular Dynamics
Where is Jim Embedded? edit
Tcl in other Embedded Applications edit
- an Active Script interface for Tcl
- appbox, by Roy Keene
- the base of a modular application delivery system, built on a Linux kernel where init is a Tcl interpreter.
- an embedded Linux distribution that uses Tcl for everything from init up
RFox: Software embedded in devices that is not expected to be user configured is sometimes called (by me): "toasterware"
The Embedded Configurable Operating System (eCos) is a free and open source real-time operating system intended for embedded systems. It is designed to be customizable to precise application requirements of run-time performance and hardware needs. The customization is done via a custom configuration language which is delivered as an extended Tcl interpreter; all configuration files are Tcl scripts.The Jim interpreter runs under eCos.
QP (Quantum Platform) is a family of lightweight, open source software frameworks for building responsive and modular real-time embedded applications as systems of cooperating, event-driven active objects (actors).Developed by the company Quantum Leaps, the framework provides a modern, reusable architecture based on active objects (actors), hierarchical state machines, software tracing, UML graphical modeling, and automatic code generation.Uses Tcl for GUI, network communication and script control. Dual licensed: commercial and GPL.