Summary editInformation about the availability of old source-code distributions of Tcl
- Tcl SourceForge Release Area
- versions back to 3.3. Maintained by Andreas Kupries and Jeff Hobbs
- versions back to 7.4
- KJN I have retrieved a number of old versions of Tcl 6.x and matching versions of Tk by FTP from old mirrors. The tarball (7.0Mb) contains these versions not available from SourceForge: Tcl 6.1 and 6.5; Tk 2.2, 2.3, and 3.0; and assorted patches. Also alleged DOS ports for Tcl 6.2 and 6.7.
- cvs snapshots
- by AK, snapshots of Tcl and various packages, dating back to 2001
- George Petasis
- had some old versions mirrored at http://www.iit.demokritos.gr/~petasis/Tcl/index.html
- Binaries for Tcl/Tk of interest to Cameron Laird
- by CL, contains version 4.1b3 for Windows and Mac, and version 7.4 for Mac. http://phaseit.net/claird/comp.unix.misc/unix_binaries.html may also be relevant
The old Sprite distributions should have a very early Tcl. (Tcl and Tk were originally available by FTP from the hosts sprite.berkeley.edu and barkley.berkeley.edu; these hosts have long been disconnected. John Ousterhout's Sprite network operating system project ended several years ago.)The oldest version at SourceForge is Tcl 2.1.