is an improved version of Berkeley Spice
designed to be used with the Tcl/Tk scripting language. The project is open-source (BSD license) and based upon the NG-Spice source code base with many improvements.SPICE
is a general-purpose circuit simulation program for nonlinear dc, nonlinear transient, and linear ac analyses.
Features and Improvements:
- Fully Tcl scriptable - installs with 'package require spice' statement
- Hspice syntax (SpicePP).
- GUI interface: SpiceWish (BLT graph widget)
- BLT (tcl compatible) vectors for storage, manipulation and arithmetic upon Spice waveforms.
- Xspice additions (Georgia Tech).
- Trigger upon waveform events.
- Spice 'simulator state' save and restore for rapid 'what-if' simulations (no longer need to re-simulate from the beginning each time a device value is changed).
update: tclspice is now a part of ngspice and builds under its source tree http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngspice/files/ng-spice-rework/24/