Useful Tk Widgets
is a guide to available Tk widgets that are not distributed with Tk.
This is not a place for stand-alone Tk applications - that would be a page like Tk Programs
or Tk examples
. This is only for widgets - whether individual ones, packaged on the internet or code listed here on the wiki.
This is for Tk-based widgets, not widgets based on other toolkits.
See Also edit
- Alternate Widget Sets
- a good page for groups of widgets, or widget tools, available as packages/extensions on the internet.
- contains a catalog of widget libraries
- Overloading widgets
- Widgets in the initial Tk package
- It would be useful if all other widget pages had similar visuals
Date / Time edit
- A little date chooser
- select a day/month/year
- An i15d date chooser
- an evolution of A little date chooser, provieds a number of languages for the days of the week and month names.
- tklib's datefield
- tcl-only datefield
- like datefield but doesn't depend any third-party code.
- All in one spinbox.
- A spinbox widget that only allows valid times to be entered.
- Time entry that never contains invalid data
- Dial widget
- DOM related megawidgets
- create Tk forms on the fly from XML
See Multicolumn listbox
- handles various image formats beyond what is provided by standard Tk
- ScintillaTk, by Brian Griffin
- modeled after text, driven by Scintilla
- another tabbed notebook megawidget
- A little hypertext system
- display followable links
- A scrolled frame
- Keyboard widget
- iKey: a tiny multilingual keyboard
- an evolution of Keyboard widget
- Tklib autoscroll
- Internal scrollbars
- widget and accompanying scrollbar in one border
- a generic scrolled widget implemented in snit
- A scrolled frame
- Scrolling widgets without a text or canvas wrapper
- A Scrolled Widget implemented with TclOO
- Scrollable Pane
- Virtual Scrolling