, or Flexible Image Transport System
, is the standard image format used by astronomers
- FITS, HEARSARC
- FITS, Wikipedia
A lot of professional astronomical software uses Tcl/Tk for its GUI, FITS as its graphics file format, and GPL
as its license.
Tcl/Tk software for FITS files edit
- an extension of Tk for visualization/analysis/imaging of FITS data
- application built around SAOTk and several other components
- an extension of Tcl for accessing FITS data
- FITS file editor built using fitsTcl and several other components
- a Tcl wrapper for ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick, can be used to convert to and from FITS format (appears to create monochrome FITS files only).
are supplied as standalone binaries, but if the correct components are built and installed, each can be run as a Tcl script. Because this is not the intended mode of operation, the non-standard bundled components are not always supplied as packages and may need to be loaded with load
Other Software for FITS files edit
- can be used to convert to or from FITS
- FITS Users Need Tools
- A unified FTOOLS and XANADU distribution, includes many tools
FITS File Repositories edit
- many others...