JET is the world's largest nuclear fusion research facility [1
History of Tcl/Tk at JET:
Used since the early nineties, when the main Control and Data Acquisition Systems moved from minicomputers to Sun/Solaris machines.
- On-line test and off-line acceptance, GUI utilities for VME and PCI modules.
- GUI front-end for the fault/patch/intervention logging system.
- GUI that controls the countdown and triggering of a JET pulse.
- GUI to display and manage Grid engine jobs on the 100+ linux based data analysis machines.
- Tclhttpd running on both Microsoft Windows- and Linux-based front-end PCs, provides a common interface to the control and data acquisition system.
- Scotty is used for network monitoring.