This Tcl command is used for working with versioned libraries that provide functionality to Tcl and Tk. It is structured into subcommands.
- package forget ?package package ...?
- package ifneeded package version ?script?
- package names
- package present ?-exact? package ?version?
- package provide package ?version?
- package require ?-exact? package ?version?
- package unknown ?command?
- package vcompare version1 version2
- package versions package
- package vsatisfies version1 version2
- man page
See Also edit
- Magic names
- User Guide
- Developer Guide
- pkg_mkIndex pitfalls
- Using Tk as a loadable package
- Where does the package command find the packages it seeks?
- package management
- Tcl syntax
: The man page for pkg_mkIndex
covers the basics in the HOW IT WORKS section. For now pkgIndex.tcl
is the primary way to make Tcl aware of packages, but stay tuned for better ideas. We don't want to be chained to pkgIndex.tcl files forever.
See also pkg_mkIndex pitfalls