Summary editSVG-like rendering for the canvas
- Mats Bengtsson
- de-facto maintainer
- Andrew Shadura
- Examples of drawing with Tkpath
- arjen 2013-04-11 06:30:07: I have been experimenting with Tkpath a bit.
- tkpath - clock
- illustraties antialias functionality on an analog clock
Description editTkpath implements path drawing modeled after SVG. It is very flexible and reproduces all standard drawing canvas items. Features include: opacity, antialiasing, gradient fills, affine transformations, and fill rules. Backends include: CoreGraphics on MacOSX, GDI on Win32, GDI+ on WinXP, Cairo on X11, and Tk drawing as a fallback. Not all backends support all features.
- Roy Terry: Released on 2006-07-16. Includes numerous more specialized canvas items sharing the visual traits of the original "path" item and also includes radial patterned gradients. No new release files are available at this time but cvs holds pre-built binaries. See Announce, Tkpath 0.2, 2006-07-16
- adds a ptext text item which supports the same drawing model as the other tkpath items.
- announed in 2008-01, is a Tk 8.5 only release (no backward compatibility).
- see the section below
- a response to the issues discussed in New Canvas, tkpath 0.3.0 release, 2008-07-17
Release: 0.3.0 editTkpath 0.3.0 provides a new canvas widget that is supposed to be 100% compatible with tk::canvas. My major motivation for creating this package was to make something that maps well with SVG graphics.Tkpath adds mainly two things:
- A number of new item types with options that map easily to SVG objects.
- A display tree hierarchy with some fancy option inheritance.
Current State editThe current maintainer of the project seems to be Andrew Shadura. (The original developer, Mats Bengtsson passed away in 2008.) Andrew's repo is available here.
I got no reply under Ask and it shall be given so try again.2013-04-13: I'm trying to install tkpath on Windows XP - I have tcl8.6 installed and works. The instructions say 'download from cvs and install'. I downloaded the binaries from cvs, I put it in /tcl and it is not accessible. The demos don't work. The code doesn't work. How did other users install it? When I know I will update the instructions to be useful.ekd123 tkpath has been in TEApot IIRC.
Discussion edityyamasak 2012-06-05: I tried 0.3.1 using an analog clock sample (tkpath - clock). I had to redraw clock hands explicitly by calling "event generate .uhr <Configure>". It seems "coord" canvas subcommand does not perform redrawing.[andras] 2014-07-31: If you are looking for advanced examples, some current users of TkPath:
- Georgios Petasis' Ellogon application (Ellogon 1.9.x uses TkPath 0.2.6)
- L2Ork's PD project, their repo includes a TkPath fork (link).
- Jonas Ferry's TclRobots project (link). TkPath binaries are checked in under lib/tkpath.