Summary editA bulletin board for people offering jobs (long-term, short-term, whatever) that require skills in Tcl.''This page is primarily intended for use by the Tcl community. Everyone is welcome to post information here, but it is not intended to be a head hunter haven. Please use this resource wisely, with the understanding that everybody is an editor.
Description editIf you are putting up an AVAILABLE entry, be certain to list whether you are willing to relocate. Als please date your entry and remove / update things as necessary.Many jobs requiring Tcl and Tk experience can be found via a search at http://www.dice.com . Search Jobserve for jobs in the UK and Europe: http://www.it.jobserve.com/jobserve/searchresults.asp?jobType=%2A&d=5&order=Rank&page=1&q=tcl
See Also edit
Jobs board at tclforums.info%|%
October 2016: porting Tcl/Tk to ios editI'm looking to fund a port of Tcl/Tk to ios (iphone/ipad). In previous years, Apple didn't allow scripted languages but this changed several years ago, and now the rule is that an ios program can't run untrusted code, however including tcl code in the app's package appears to be completely legit (and many ios games do this with lua as the scripting language).Most of the Androwish port of Tk to Android uses the SDL, which is well supported on ios. Most of what Androwish adds to Tcl comes from the SDL (with the notable exception of bluetooth support). The Androwish port of Tcl/Tk makes programming really easy, and the goal is to make Androwish programs port to ios fairly painlessly.The results of this port would remain under Tcl's open source license.Why am I funding this? My company makes Android-tablet controlled espresso machines (coded in Tcl with Androwish), and I'd love to support ios devices with a single Tcl/Tk code base. I've also previously funded (via Lyris) TclHttpd as well as Tcl Core improvements to Tcl's TCP/IP stack on Windows.mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenBet Ltd London 2015 On-Wards editOpenBet are the world’s leading provider of software and services to the betting industry, we develop sportsbetting technology and online casino games for the biggest names in the market.We are constantly on the look out for talented individuals with TCL experience to come join our growing team.Please visit us at http://www.openbet.com/careers/vacancies for more information.Feel free to contact me on email@example.com with any questions.
2013-03-26 22:41:09 Amick Brown editFYI: The following post appears to originate from a third-party IT consulting agency (i.e. the position is not direct), which is potentially in conflict with the spirit of this page. Also, the primary emphasis does not appear to be Tcl.
Senior Tcl Developer - San Francisco Bay Area - Long Term contractAmick Brown is seeking an experienced developer to work on the design and build of a new application in a large telecommunications company. This will be an exciting opportunity to work on a small team responsible for every aspect of the application including application design, hardware and network config, development, testing and deployment.
- C# - or equivalent experience with Java, C, C++, etc
- .Net - .Net experience with VB will be considered
- Object Oriented design (Abstract Classes, Interfaces, Generics, etc.)
- LINQ and Lambda expressions
- Visual Studio
- TL1 / Tcl
Web development experience:
- MVC – partials, helpers, filters, Editor and Display Templates, Model Binding, etc. (MVC experience with different language/environment will be considered)
- Webservices REST/SOAP
- Familiar with HttpModules, ISAPI filters, etc.
- Sql Server – MySQL, oracle, etc. experience will be considered
- Database Design, Data Modeling, relational databases
- Stored Procedures and Functions
- Windows and IIS
- Experience managing and configuring webservers (IIS, weblogic, etc.)
2011-06-02 Mentor Graphics editJob RequirementsWe are looking for entry level candidates with 0-2 years experience, who have broad exposure to computer science systems principles. In addition to one area of deep expertise, ideal candidates will have advanced coursework in multiple areas such as concurrent programming, database internals, and user interface design. The duties will involve developing and maintaining simulation debug, introspection, and analysis capabilities, from instrumentation and data gathering, to presentation.Job QualificationsBS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline. Knowledge of C and Linux development is essential. Knowledge of Tcl, or other dynamic languages, is also necessary. Knowledge of Open Source development or Microsoft Windows platform desirable. Experience working with tool APIs is also a benefit. We are looking for individuals with a strong desire and ability to learn and explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills. You will need excellent programming and software engineering skills. Self-motivation, self discipline and the ability to set personal goals and work consistently towards them in a dynamic environment will go far towards contributing to your success. Any graphic arts experience will be considered a plus. If you believe high performance and feature rich are not contradictory goals, you should apply.Visit www.mentor.com to apply.
2009-11-10 13:50:23, DVisualizationSoftwareEngineer editVIDEO GAMES FOR SURGEONS! Join a dynamic company specializing in surgical guidance, surgical robotics, implants & instruments as a:Visualization Software EngineerMaintain and develop software interfaces between a surgical navigation system and various peripherals. Maintain and develop tools for registration, segmentation, fusion, display, and analysis.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with clinical partners to develop and evaluate new software capabilities with particular focus on 3D display and visualization
- Maintain and improve proprietary Tcl/Tk extensions for registration, segmentation, fusion, display, and analysis
- Maintain and improve existing extensions for peripheral interfaces
- Develop, document, and test new extensions as needed
- Write embedded documentation and testing scripts for new and existing extensions
- Develop user interfaces for new applications
- Min of Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with minimum of 2 years experience.
- Familiarity with “Constructive Solid Geometry” concepts and OpenGL programming required
- Medical imaging experience strongly preferred
- Ability to document work and communicate it effectively and persuasively to others is essential
- Ability to attend Cadaver Lab Trainings
2009-10-29 11:39:59, SapphireTechnologiesSanAntonio editA client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a Lead Interface Analyst for a contact to hire opportunity. Contact me if you are qualified for the below opportunity: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary:The Lead Interface Analyst will be a hands-on technical leader who is responsible for planning, monitoring deliverables, managing resources, as well as directly contributing to the design and development of the enterprise-wide integration infrastructure. This is a senior level-position with high-visibility and broad responsibilities in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Provides design, implementation and management of enterprise wide information systems with emphasis on interface technology and standards.
- Responsible for analysis, support and maintenance, of existing or planned interface and EDI solutions with focus on efficiency, standards and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and document data flows for interfaces.
- Document work flows for interfaces routines.
- Performs data integration tasks including interface mapping, design, development, documentation, testing, implementation, and support.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to resolve complex system problems.
- Reviews interfaced system requirements with users and translate requirements to specific functions.
- Assists in the development of test scripts and preparation of test data for interface testing.
- Organize and lead activities including project planning, projecting resource requirements, application programming, documentation, integration analysis, and testing.
- Build interface implementation project plans with detailed tasks and appropriate estimates.
- Document the change management process for production interface changes, updates, and releases.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements for existing and new interfaces. Also responsible for supporting existing production interfaces.
- Provide knowledgeable and timely 24x7 on-call production support, with some evenings and weekends for planned outages for upgrades (duties will rotate).
- Ensure that interfaced applications are being used properly and that they function in accordance with the client and vendor specifications.
- Identify technical obstacles and take independent action to resolve issues where possible.
- Proactively keep the Chief Technology Officer fully informed of progress, setbacks, missed targets or potential concerns that may impede the timeline of the project.
- Make recommendations with respect to personnel actions (e.g. hiring, firing, performance evaluations).
- Adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality in matters that require discretion.
1 Other duties as assigned.
- Possesses or has the ability to develop in-depth knowledge of client business objectives and medical operations
- Ability to quickly solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrates a high level of energy
- Is customer service focused and responsive
- Is flexible and creative
- Willing to do whatever needs to be done
- Exhibits strong organization skills and is detail oriented
- Communicates effectively and creates a positive team atmosphere
- Demonstrates knowledge of team process and functions effectively as a team leader
- Knows, understands and articulates the vision and values of the client
- Organizes work for the team based on prioritized objectives
- Provide direction to team members in order to effectively and efficiently utilize resources
- Delegates authority and responsibility to the team
- Understands the need of the team members
- Provides feedback to team members to correct “missed” objectives, resolves disputes
- Able to respond to demands of change in a timely and constructive manner and assists others in managing change
- Assesses prospective IT staff selection and placement
- Evaluates success of team and implementation
- Understands and integrates performance improvement concepts into day to day operations
- Role models best practice based on organizational policies and procedures
- Is always respectful to internal and external customers
- Is knowledgeable of standards of confidentiality and maintains them at all times
- Collaborates, communicates, and consults with other members of the team in a respectful and solution focused manner
- Demonstrates the ability to articulate information both verbally and in writing
- Promptly responds to inquiries from internal or external customers or refers them to another resource
- Demeanor reflects the positive image of the client
Education and ExperienceBachelors degree in a hard science, math, MIS, engineering, or a minimum of five years experience in a related technical discipline, with strong problem solving/technical skills and attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication, documentation and organizational skills; project, task and detail oriented, ability to interact with vendors and user community.
Job Knowledge/Skills/AbilitiesAdvanced working knowledge with HL7 interface guidelines and standardsAdvanced working knowledge with interface administration, troubleshooting and development.Advanced programming knowledge of VB, SeeBeyond e*Gate or similar interface engine such as Quovadax/Cloverleaf or Openlink (Epic Bridges and Quovadax/Cloverleaf experience preferred).Proven proficiency working with Cache in a mixed-platform environment (UNIX and Windows) Disciplined in software development processes and ability to anticipate project teams' requirements and identify and resolve complex problems, ability to design and implement viable solutions to technical challenges with minimal supervision. Documented experience with industry standard interface and EDI concepts in Healthcare environment (i.e., HL7, ANSI, TCP/IP) Proven project management skills including the ability to successfully manage multiple implementations.** 2009-07-16, stephanys'''I am looking for a TCL/Vignette Consultant for a 6 month+ contract in NYC. If you are interested, please email me at email@example.com.
2009-01: Consultant Needed in Las Vegas editI need a programmer for a contract to help us with a project. We have a Cisco CNR DHCP server assigning addresses across ~2700 workstations. This DHCP server supports either C or TCL. We have a database of NetBIOS names and MAC addresses for each workstation stored in a MS SQL 2008 database. Each has a various status assigned to them such as "approved." We want to have the DHCP server (through this application) reach into the database and only give our addresses that have the "approved" status. Would like some additional functionality but can be discussed in person.Please contact Lindsay at lindsayb at linktechconsulting.com for more information.
2008-11, Support Engineers/Developers in South America editWe are a software startup working on crossplatform system administration tools with an emphasis in open source and virtualization. We are looking for south american developers fluent in Tcl and with a good level of English to provide support and development services for US-based customers (Chile would be ideal). Please ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide more details about the company and positions.
2008-10, Software Developer in Houston, TX editImpactWeather, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Weather and Aviation Inc., operates a state-of-the-art forecast operations center 24x7, providing severe weather notification and specialized forecasting services to a steadily-growing number of onshore industrial clients, offshore marine operations, as well as several segments of the power and energy market. Investments in our personnel, computational capabilities, and software tools are a priority.The role of the Software Developer is to provide support for the development and maintenance of custom business applications, including coding, unit testing, and debugging. This individual will consult with application architects to clarify functional requirements and program objectives. This role will document detailed design and technical requirements to meet business needs.
- Works under the leadership of application architects to understand business needs and software design solutions.
- Drafts detail design document and technical requirements.
- Conducts design reviews.
- Provides estimates for software development efforts.
- Develops new/maintains existing software using C/C++, Tcl/Tk, Perl, and UNIX scripts.
- Develops and maintains web applications.
- Writes documentation for existing and new applications and systems.
- Presents and explains software changes at code review.
- Performs unit and functional testing.
- Handles multiple project assignments and coordinates work loads with the project manager.
- Provides Level One support to the Service Desk 24x7 (will require to carry a pager/phone).
- Responds after hours to application or system failures.
- Provides timely feedback to management and coworkers.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5 years of directly related work experience and must have a thorough working knowledge of relational databases
- Basic Project Management skills
- Solid UNIX and Windows knowledge
- Meticulous about coding and visual/interface design standards
- Software Skills: C/C++ or Java, Unix socket programming, TCL/TK (must be willing to learn), Perl, HTML, XML data modeling, XSLT, MySQL database, Unix/Linux (Solaris), and Windows
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written) and detailed-oriented, and strong analytical skills
2008-10, Experienced TCL Programmers Needed in Minneapolis editMinneapolis, Minnesota area employer looking for full-time TCL programmers for database driven webdesign using AOLserver. One to two years experience working with Tcl and web design. Experience with Linux a plus. Contact us at http://www.mednetstudy.com to apply. Relocation is not currently offered.
2008-09, Integration Consultant & Developer for Aerospace Defense company in Ft. Worth Texas editOptimal Solutions is looking for a consultant for a 6-9 month contract with systems provider to aerospace company. 4+ years software development experience. Experience with manufacturing related software applications desirable. Must be US citizen or green card holder.
- A clear understanding of integration methods, approaches and technologies along with a working knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures.
- Application software development experience with compiled and interpreted languages such as TCL/TK, C, C++, etc.
- Solid understanding of Java programming fundamentals.
- Proficiency with object-oriented concepts and experience applying standard design and integration patterns.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- A good understanding of the various aspects of XML including document structures, schema/DTD development, XSLT, XPATH, DOM and SAX.
- Understanding of how SAP can integrate technically with shop floor and engineering systems using standard IDOCs/RFCs/BAPIs and xMII is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
2008-08, System Test Engineer (SQA) in Telecommunications in RTP/NC editHatteras Networks designs and implements next generation broadband Ethernet solutions. Our goal is to get all carriers to stop using/selling POTS, T1, and ATM services, and step up to high-speed packet/Ethernet/IP services. It’s time to put those old technologies out to pasture and step into the new century, even for stodgy old telephone companies.Right now, we’re searching for a System Test Engineer (SQA) to join our team and help us continue to automate our product testing. So we're looking for someone who
- Knows how switches/routers/networks work, and doesn't mind getting down and dirty with them
- Can use packet generators, analyzers, sniffers, etc. to understand what's actually happening on a network
- Prefers shells and obscure little script commands to pretty graphical interfaces
- Doesn't mind repeating something a few times to make sure it’s right
- Hates repeating something too many times manually, so figures how to automate it instead
- Doesn't think TCL is a misspelling of the acronym for “Tender Loving Care”
- Is a hunter - takes a function/feature, analyzes it, find its weaknesses, and kills it
- Loves to work independently with talented co-workers
- Always wants to be the best on every team he works on
- Has a degree in a geeky software related field
2008-08 GUI and Embedded Developer editCOMPANY: port GmbH
2008-06 Graphics & User Interface Developer editGraphics and GUI Developers at Partek provide visualizations for statistically interesting data, develop user interfaces that are easy to use, and manage the look and feel of the user experience. The successful candidate will have extensive design and implementation skills and experience designing scientific software user interfaces and scientific visualization.
- B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Experience with OpenGL on multiple platforms
- Experience with Tcl/Tk a plus
2008-03 editTcl Programmer Needed in TAMPA FLORIDA for a contract assignment. 6 month Contract/ US Citizens are preferred You will be doing development and maintenance for a decision engine which clients use to run credit information on applicants. Will make Oracle database table modifications using SQL*Plus, and provide production support.Candidates with 2 years of Tcl experience will be considered. Rush your resume to email@example.com Thank you for any help.
2007-09-19, Web Applications Developer editFull time programmer to develop web-based software using AOLserver. Permanent position in Santa Rosa, California. Partial (but not complete) tele-commuting possible. Flexible hours. H1-B transfer possible. Relocation assistance. $100,000-$130,000See http://am.net/careers/ for more details
2007-03-06, Tcl Scripter / RTP, NC editLong term contract position, Raleigh NC area...
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in developing scripts and libraries for the automated security testing.
- Develops well-defined scripting API modules.
- Develop, enhance and maintain Tcl/Expect scripts/libraries.
- Perform unit testing of scripts and libraries.
- Investigate script failures, modify scripts/libraries to fix software defects as needed.
- Write design specifications and functional specifications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Scripting experience with Tcl/Expect in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Knowledge about computer network and network security desirable
- Programming experience with shell scripts, PERL, XML and C/C++ preferred
- Exposure to Linux development environment, CVS/clearcase and RPM.
- Knowledge in open source tools like nmap,nessus will be advantageous
- CCNA, CCNP or other Cisco certifications are an asset
2006-11-11: Tcl/tk developer-engineer needed editWe are looking for a Tcl developer to terminate and eventally build new windows applications written in tcl/tk using DBMS on windows platform. Work can be made from home. I am located in Switzerland.maito:firstname.lastname@example.org text** 2006-08-28, Research Triangle Park, NC **My name is Kristie Butler and I am a technical recruiter. I am seeking a TCL Scripter with router, switches and testing experience for a long term contract position in RTP, NC. If you do hear of someone that is interested, my email is kristieb at procomservices dot com - 1-800-678-4590
Looking for Tcl developer with Networking background in layer 2 and layer 3 protocols, knowledge about cisco switches is required. Must have 2-3 yrs of experience in automation using Tcl. This position is for cisco systems, san jose. Local candidates preferred. please send your resume to ciscojob2006 AT yahoo DOT com. We are looking for senior as well as junior candidates.This is not a spam. We're trying to gather resumes from Tcl community prior to looking elsewhere.RJ: Nevertheless, here's a question. Why would Cisco ask for resumes to be sent to a Yahoo account? Be cautious of this one. ''RJ: I just confirmed that this post did in fact come from Cisco. Sorry and thank you, ciscojob2006.''