Some snidgets are described in the wiki:
- snitbutton is like gbuttons
- snitScrollWindow and scrodget make it easy to add scrollbars to other widgets
- A Snit News Ticker Widget
- snitfinddialog is a "find in this page" dialog
- snitscope object viewer
- snitbrowser wrapper around TkHtml
- Paved Widgets enhanced toplevel, frame, button, label, canvas with background-tessellation capability (tiling)
- Wallclock is a continuosly updated clock embedded in a label widget
- Penpad is small widget for free-hand drawing.
You might also be interested in the discussion of A New Megawidget Library.
LV You also might check out the widget module of tklib, where work is going on to collect snidgets for distribution. Authors of snidgets can post to the maintainers there, or the feature request function of http://tcllib.sf.net/ or to the tcllib mailing list for help in getting their code included.escargo 23 Aug 2005 - Note this description of widget on the http://tcllib.sf.net/ page: widget: An older suite of megawidgets for Tk. This does not make it sound like new work is being done on widget. You might want to update the page a bit.Poking around a bit more I did find this in cvs: tcllib/tklib/modules/widget. So the problem is that there are multiple widget packages. How confusing. It's a bit late, but I think a unique name would have been a good idea.