- Getting Started
- Beginning Tcl
- User Guide
- A User's Guide to Tcl/Tk
- ActiveTcl 8.5 User Guide
- ActiveTcl 8.6 User Guide
- Developer Guide
- see Advanced Tcl
- Best Practices
- Tcl performance
- filename conventions supported by Tcl commands
- regular expression syntax
- describes Tcl variables
- built-in library of procedures for commonly-needed functions
- the rules of Tcl
- official documentation
- provides documentation in Windows Help (CHM) format for Tcl/Tk and several extensions, with a comprehensive table of contents and integrated index.
- is a nice searchable resource for Tcl and Tk. A direct link is here: . "de loves to point people to http://tmml.sf.net/doc, because it's the best-looking tcl/tk core documentation ..."
- documents all the Tcl commands available in the core distribution.
- Operating System specific Tcl commands
- Tcl C API
- documents all the public Tcl C calls that a C programmer should consider safe to use.
- The Tcl Core (Want to hack on Tcl?)
- BOOK TCL/TK Pocket Reference
- a community version is also available for download
- Common Tcl Error Messages and Possible Explanations
- bytecode and TAL
- details of the Tcl virtual machine
- Tcl Command Evaluation: Layer by Layer
- the immutability of values
- virtual filesystem (VFS)
- virtual machine
- Easy documentation in proc bodies
- API documentation generator. builds html documentation from comments in the source code
- this wiki
- Tcl/Tk Documentation Project (TTDP)
- Help! My Tcl application just crashed!
- Where can I find a book about Tcl
Specials (OS specific, particular questions, etc.) edit
- Apple Macintosh and Tcl/Tk
- Microsoft Windows and Tcl
- (not tk)
- Microsoft Windows and Tk
- Windows COM/DCOM/ActiveX/.NET integration
- Windows Helper Utilities
- operating system specific Tcl commands
- Why can I not place unmatched braces in Tcl comments
- future of Tcl/Tk
- changes in Tcl/Tk
- and most recently about changes in tcl/tk 8.5.
See Also edit
Use the Category link at the bottom of the page for some more pages dealing with documentation on this wiki. You can also search this site on keywords and other things, see the Search page.