At a Glance edit
|Preferred name ||Andy|
|Full name ||Andrew Michael Goth|
|Short name ||AMG|
|Others ||UUU, 111, EleventyOne|
|Email address ||mailto:andrew.m.goth/AT/gmail/DOT/com|
|Web address ||http://andy.junkdrome.org/|
|Facebook page ||http://facebook.com/an.onion.yum|
|Home address ||Midlothian, Texas, USA (south of Dallas)|
|Programming ||Tcl/Tk, C, C++, Ada, Fortran, Python, Perl, bash, csh|
|Music listening ||OverClocked ReMix |
|Music performance ||LSDj on the Game Boy , FL Studio , guitar, piano|
|Video games ||Speed Demos Archive , TASVideos , Let's Play Archive |
|Photography ||Nikon D7000, The GIMP , UFRaw |
|Senior Software Engineer||L-3 Link Simulation & Training , starting 2005|
|Landlord ||Del City, OK, and Waxahachie, TX|
|BS CSE ||University of Texas at Arlington (UTA), 2001-2005|
|Master of SE ||University of Texas at Arlington (UTA), starting 2013|
|Past employment |
|Developer/stock boy ||RLE Technologies |
|Birthdate ||20 November 1983|
This photo is from my senior year in high school. That was a while ago. Maybe I'll scan in something newer someday.
I frequently use this as an "avatar" image on forums, etc.
Projects Using Tcl edit
- A/V Sync Calculator
- Utility to help fix audio/video sync problems in VirtualDub.
- Proposed Tcl-like language.
- Snit-based iTunes database reader. Useful with iPods.
- iPod music browser. Lists and copies music files from any iPod. (Might never materialize...)
- OpenVerse Visual Chat
- Internet chat program. My favorite project.
- Tcl operating system. What fun!
- Networked chess-type game. School assignment.
- Access your serial ports over TCP. Hooray.
- Execute commands on multiple hosts at the same time. Supports stdin, stdout, and stderr!
- Lab 3D
- [Canvas]-based 3D viewer. Another school assignment.
- System for driving church bells.
- See [timebox] at the bottom of the page.
- A static-enabled proc which doubles as a miniature object system.
- Yet another small, pure-Tcl web server.
If you're interested in a project listed above for which there is no page, ask me about it in email. Oh wait. Heh, guess you'll just have to post a request on this page. Go ahead; I won't mind.
Other Junk I Wrote edit
- Joins parallel lists into a format suitable for [array set].
- Utility for obfuscating otherwise-comprehensible list operations.
- Sorted Lists
- A sordid story of sorting sorcery.
- Reads stdin, shuffles the line order, and spews the result to stdout.
- Shuffling a list
- I seem to have a fixation on sorting and unsorting...
- Round Polygons
- So soft, so smooth!
- The simplest possible socket demonstration
- It's even easier than it looks.
- A language with no resident interpreter!
- AMG's language ideas
- Just a few things been runnin' through my head...
- Directory recursion
- Quite easy in Tcl 8.5.
- I apologize for giving you all such a hard time.
- A configuration file reader with infrastructure!
- Yet another CSV reader.
- Chain simulation
- A fun toy.
- Mahoney Map
- An alternative to Karnaugh Maps.
I need to update this list someday...
thx for formatting my stuff!JM
Andy, thanks for your contributions to this wiki...and for cleaning up my page (^:PYK
2013-01-28: Andy, thanks for the comments. I've responded on my identity page.