Thanks for visiting the Tcler's Wiki
This is a collaboratively-edited
area on the web, dedicated to the Tcl
programming language and its extensions, including the Tk
Since this site is collaboratively-edited, please feel free to to correct typos, edit code pages to improve code (make certain though that your changes are not breaking the code!), ask questions, add comments, and anything else you can think of! If you have pages that you don't want modified, feel free to host those on your own site and just add URLs here to them.
you to contribute to the Wiki - to comp.lang.tcl - to any other aspects of Tcl. Please join the adventure!
- Welcome Visitors
- if this is your first visit
- recent changes
- this site changes very frequently
- Why we're all here
- The most widely-known extension to Tcl
- About the WIki
- usage, design, implementation, and history
- People & Community
- Ask, and it shall be given.
- post questions about Tcl or Tk here
- searching this website
Links, Chat and other non-wiki places edit
- Tcl Chatroom
- the Tcl development community use a Jabber conference which is bridged to the #tcl channel on the FreeNode IRC network. The TkChat client is a cross-platform GUI client tied to this chat room.
- the main usenet newsgroup for Tcl can be searched from Google. In the olden days, comp.lang.tcl.announce could also be used. However, it is currently defunct.
- the official website for Tcl/Tk, providing source and binary downloads
- hosts, among other important Tcl things, tclkit
- houses a variety of ready-to-run starkits
- hosts tclkits for a variety of platforms
is a shortcut for the "recent changes" link below.